Baddha Padmasana - Baddha Padmasana or the Locked Lotus Pose is the advanced level of Padmasana. In Sanskrit, Baddha means bounded or locked and Padmasana refer to “locked lotus pose” or “Bound lotus locked”. This asana improves the flexibility of the joints of the lower extremities and gives physical and mental stability. Baddha Padmasana is a classical Lotus pose where the hands go behind the back and hold the toes of the feet and the head is bent down to form the Chin Lock. This yoga asana not so easy to perform but you will definitely able to do it after a few practise session.
Now let's have talked about Locked Lotus Pose yoga steps and its posture. For this, check the below-given picture and detailed steps to perform this yoga posture.
Also, Check - Bakasana (The Crane Pose) Yoga | Bhadrasana (The Gracious Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Baddha Padmasana or Locked Lotus Pose Yoga Session -
Here we are going to describe detailed steps which are necessary to perform Baddha Padmasana Yoga exercise. You will be able to do this yoga posture after a few practise session. So read instructions carefully before performing it -
- Sit in Padmasana or the Lotus Pose and keep your both feet high on your thighs, just close to the groin.
- This is the classical cross-legged Lotus pose.
- Place your right leg in the left thigh and left leg on right thighs.
- Take the left hand behind the back and hold the toe of the leg on the opposite side. Similarly, take the right hand behind the back and hold the toe of the feet on the left side.
- Sit straight and remain in the position for a few seconds.
- Now you found your arms and legs are locked with each other.
- Make sure your head, neck and spine in a straight manner.
- Now you are in final position and hold this position for at least 30 seconds or as long as you can.
- Breathe slowly and deeply in this position for the best result.
- Release your both hand and come back in normal position.
Health Benefits of Baddha Padmasana Yoga Posture -
To check health benefits of Locked Lotus Pose, see below list -
- It stretches the joints of shoulders, wrists, back, elbows, hips and knees.
- Baddha Padmasana provides physical and mental stability.
- Beneficial in the shoulders and back pain.
- Helps to cure diseases such as indigestion, stomach-ache, flatulence, etc.
- Gives flexibility to arms and the legs.
- It is good yoga for meditations.
- It massages the organs in the abdomen and alleviates pain in the shoulder and arms.
Click Here - Brahmacharyasana (The Celibate’s Pose) Yoga | Bhujangasana (The Cobra Pose) Yoga
Contraindications & Precautions for Baddha Padmasana (Locked Lotus Pose) Yoga -
You have to avoid Baddha Padmasana yoga in a few situations and these are -
- If you are suffering from sciatica or knee injury.
- Avoid this yoga asana during pregnancy.
- In case of major back pain.
So it's all about Baddha Padmasana or Locked Lotus Pose and its health benefits. Here we mention all essential information about Baddha Padmasana Yoga Posture and its steps. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types and their benefits.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: