Baddha Konasana Yoga – Baddha Konasana or Bound Angle Pose is also known as cobbler pose. Baddha Konasana is a Sanskrit word which is derived from three words i.e “Baddha” stands for “Bound”, Kona is “angle” or Asana means “pose”. This yoga posture gives flexibility to inner thighs, hips and the groins. It is also called the Butterfly Pose due to it resemblance looks like a butterfly in motion. Moving the body from side to side can massage your hips and might relieve menstrual issues. Bound Angle Pose is very easy and beneficial for all people.
Now we come to main points that are what is the exact posture for this yoga session and how can we perform it in the easiest way. So let’s begin this yoga exercise session with steps-by-steps instruction.
Steps to do Bound Angle Pose or Baddha Konasana Yoga Session –
We hope you easily understand about Baddha Konasana Yoga meaning and its posture. Now we come to next point by knowing that how can we perform this yoga practise session. For this check below-mention detailed steps –
- Sit with your legs straight out in front of you, raising your pelvis on a blanket if your hips or groins are tight.
- Now bend your knee in forwarding direction and bring your both feet together.
- Hold your ankle with both hands according to the above-shown picture.
- Make sure your both legs touch the ground if possible.
- Sit so that the pubis in front and the tailbone in the back are equidistant from the floor.
- Now open up your chest and align your both hands by the body side.
- Relax the arms and shoulders and gaze straight ahead and breathe normally.
- Now you are in final position and move your legs in up and down position.
- Hold this position 1-5 minutes or as far as you comfortable.
Health Benefits of Baddha Konasana Yoga Posture –
There are lots of health benefits for Bound Angle Pose. Here we will provide major benefits list –
- Strengthens and improves flexibility in the inner thighs, groins and the knees.
- Very useful for pregnant women.
- Stimulate and improve the function of the reproductive system in men and women.
- Stimulates abdominal organs, ovaries and prostate gland.
- Helps to sooth menstrual discomfort and digestive complaints.
- Especially beneficial in urinary disorders.
- Improve Blood Circulation in all body parts.
- Very beneficial in infertility and asthma.
Contraindications and Precautions for Bound Angle Pose –
You have to avoid Baddha Konasana Yoga asana in a few circumstances and these are –
- If you are suffering from any hips or knee injury
- Don’t do this in menstruation days.
- If you are suffering from sciatica.
So that’s all about Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose) yoga posture and its health benefits. This yoga is very comfortable and easy to perform and if you found any difficulty in doing it then you can take help from the above section. Keep in touch with us for more yoga types.