Ardha Chandrasana Yoga - Ardha Chandrasana or the Half Moon Pose increase stability or balancing power in your body. Ardha Chandrasana is a Sanskrit word which derives from three words i.e Ardha means half, Chandra means moon and Asana is a pose. The moon has a rich symbolic significance in yoga mythology. Sun and Moon is a symbol of energy in human body. Half Moon pose is an energetic yoga posture that encourages the extension of a torso. It gives strength to legs and the central spine. This yoga session is not so easy to perform, you can able to do this yoga session after a practise session. Now we talk about what is the exact posture for Ardha Chandrasana Yoga exercise. For this, have a look at the below-given picture to get a clear idea about Half Moon Pose Yoga position.
Also, Check - Advasana (The Reverse Corpse Pose) Yoga | Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Spinal Twist Pose) Yoga
Steps to do Half Moon Pose or Ardha Chandrasana Yoga Session -
- Start the half moon pose by performing the Utthita Trikonasana and maintain at least 1-2 feet gap between your legs.
- Now raise your both hand and put your right hand on the floor.
- Make sure your left hand should be in the upward direction just parallel to your right hand.
- Strengthen your right leg and lift left leg in a parallel direction to the floor.
- Rotate your upper torso to the left, but keep the left hip moving slightly forward.
- Put your body weight on the right leg as well as the right palm.
- Remain in the same position for at least 30-60 second.
- Now slightly put your left leg on the floor and come back in normal position.
- Now repeat this yoga posture in reverse direction means to put your left legs and left hand on the floor.
Health Benefits of Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) Yoga Posture -
Now you all understand how we can perform Ardha Chandrasana practise session with the help of above-mentioned steps. Now let us talk about what is the major health benefits of doing Half Moon Pose. For this, check below list:-
- Strengthens the ankles, thighs, buttocks and spine
- Stretches your groins, hamstrings, calves and shoulder
- Improves digestion power
- Relieve Menstrual Problems in women
- Builds coordination and balance power
- Very helpful to relieve stress
Click Here - Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge Pose) Yoga | Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose) Yoga
Contraindications & Precautions for Half Moon Pose (Ardha Chandrasana) -
Ardha Chandrasana has lots of health benefits but you have to follow some precautions before start this yoga session and the list of precautions is given below -
- If recently you passed from any knee or wrist injury.
- If you have a Headache or a migraine problem.
- If you are suffering from Low blood pressure then don't do this Yoga.
- If you have vertigo, dizziness or Insomnia problem.
So that's all about Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) Yoga Position and its health benefits. As you all know yoga is good for health & brain so make it necessary in your daily routine life and keep in touch with us for more Yoga Types and techniques.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: