Anjaneyasana Yoga – Anjaneyasana or Low Lunge Pose is also known as Half Moon Pose according to Hindu mythology. Anjaneyasana is a combination of two words i.e Anjaneya – Son Of Anjani & Asana – Pose. Some people also knew Low Lunge Pose by Half Moon Pose name. Low Lunge Pose is best yoga position to strengthens your leg muscles, waist, chest & shoulders. Anjaneyasana Yoga Exercise is good for athletes because it improves lower-body soreness, especially for tight quads, hamstrings, and hips.
One thing which you have to keep in your mind that is this asana must be performed on an empty stomach. So before going to start this yoga session, you should not take a meal at least 4-6 hours. Now we have to come to the main point that is what the exact posture for Anjaneyasana Yoga exercise. For this, you can see below-given picture:-
Steps to do Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge Pose) Yoga Exercise –
Here we will discuss how can we perform Anjaneyasana Yoga Asana at home. You will be able to do this yoga session by following these steps:-
- Begin the asana by coming into the Adho Mukha Svanasana. Now exhale and place your right foot on forwarding direction.
- Move your hand in up word direction and make sure your right knee and ankle are in one line.
- Draw the tailbone down toward the floor and lift your pubic bone toward your navel.
- The left lower leg including the left knee can be on the floor giving support. At this stage, you will feel a good stretch in the left thighs and groins.
- Stretch your arms further behind so that your heart is pushed up. Look behind as you move into the mild backbend.
- Your palm can touch each other in the raised position.
- After taking final position breath normally and hold the position as far as you comfortable.
- Now repeat this yoga position by putting your left leg in a forward direction.
Health Benefits of Low Lunge Pose or Anjaneyasana Yoga Posture –
Anjaneyasana Yoga Asana has lots of health benefits. Here we will provide the detailed list:-
- Gives good stretch to hips area and the groins.
- It makes the gluteus muscles stronger.
- It opens up your shoulders, lungs, and chest.
- It tones the organs in the abdomen and improves digestion.
- It helps relieve sciatica.
- Good for concentration and awareness.
Contraindications & Precaution for Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge Pose) Position –
Before performing this yoga asana you have to keep few things in your mind and these are –
- Do not perform this Yoga position if you have any hips or knee injury.
- If you have high blood pressure then do not perform this yoga pose.
- In case of any heart problem.
So that’s all about Anjaneyasana Yoga pose and its health benefits. I hope you understand all points about this yoga type. Keep in touch with us for more Yoga tips and poses.