Ananda Balasana Yoga - Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose is also known as dead bug pose. It is as good hip opener exercise which gives relief to your mind and reduce lower back pain. Ananda Balasana is a Sanskrit word which is a combination of three words i.e Ananda means bliss or happiness, Bala means child and Asana means a pose. Happy Baby Pose Yoga has lots of positive significance and the best part of it is the best stretch workout for your hips, back, and buttocks.
You can start Ananda Balasana Yoga Exercise early in the morning when your mind is stress-free. You can also do this yoga session in the evening with an empty stomach. Now you have to know what is the exact posture for Ananda Balasana Yoga position and for this have a look at the below-given picture.
Also, Check - Ashtanga Namaskara Yoga | Advasana (The Reverse Corpse Pose) Yoga
Steps and Instruction for Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose Yoga -
In above section, we discuss what is the meaning of Ananda Balasana Yoga and what is the exact posture of Happy Baby Pose. Here we will discuss detailed steps to know the complete procedure for Ananda Balasana Yoga exercise:-
- First, lie flat on your back and fold your knees.
- Now bring your both knees closer to your chest.
- Hold your leg toes and straighten your legs.
- Make sure your arms are pulled through the insides of your knees as you hold your toes.
- Now push your chin into your mid-section (chest) and keep your head touched to the floor.
- Bring the thighs together and try to make the tailbone touch against the floor.
- If you found any difficulty in it then Press both the back of the neck and the shoulders down to the floor.
- Breathe normally during Ananda Balasana Yoga Asana.
- Remain or hold this position for an at least 1-2 minute for the best result.
- Now release your arms and legs and lie on the floor in normal position for a few minutes.
Health Benefits of Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana) Yoga -
There are lots of benefits of Happy Baby Yoga Pose. Here we will describe some major benefits and the list is given below -
- Releases lower back and sacrum
- Stretches the hamstrings
- Stretches and soothes the spine
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue
- It relaxes the sacrum.
- It deeply compresses the stomach and massages the organs in the digestive system.
Click Here - Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge Pose) Yoga | Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga
Contraindications and Cautions for Ananda Balasana Yoga Exercise -
Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose has lots of health benefits but you have to follow some precaution while doing this yoga session. So check below-given list:-
- If you have any knee or hips injury.
- Suffering from any Neck problem.
- During Pregnancy don't do this yoga exercise.
So from here, you get to know what is Happy Baby Pose or Ananda Balasana Yoga Position. I hope you all understand how to perform Ananda Balasana Yoga Posture at home. Keep in touch with us for further update and to know about more Yoga Position.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: