Agnistambhasana – Agnistambhasana is a Sanskrit word which is also known as Fire Log Pose. Agnistambhasana Yoga is a combination of three words Angi” means fire, “stambha” means statue, and “asana” means pose. Agnistambhasana is an easy pose and can be used to improve the flexibility of the hips and groin muscles. This Asana is also known as Burning log pose, Double pigeon pose and Fire log pose.
During Agnistambhasana Yoga Exercise breathing techniques is very essential. So now we talk about what is the posture of Fire Log Yoga Pose. For this have a look at the below-mentioned picture –
Step-by-Step Instruction for Agnistambhasana Yoga (Fire Log Pose) Exercise –
As I know all of you easily understand what is the exact meaning of Agnistambhasana Yoga Asan. Now, we will discuss how can we do Fire Log Pose Yoga exercise. So just follow below-given steps –
- Sit on the yoga mat with knees bent, and keep your feet on the ground.
- Bend the left knee and place the left leg in front of you.
- Now slide your left foot under your right leg to the outside of your right hip, and lay the outer leg on the floor.
- Sit straight and Inhale deeply and lengthen the spine. Keep the back and spine straight. Now relax and breathe normally.
- If your hips are more flexible then, you can also slide your left shin in forwarding direction under the right.
- Now place your hand on the knees and remain in the same position.
- At least do this yoga session for 1-3 minutes for the best result.
Health Benefits of Agnistambhasana (Fire Log Pose) Yoga Position –
Now you all understand how can we do Agnistambhasana Yoga Pose at home. Now we talk about what is the benefits of this yoga asana:-
- It stretches your hips and groin muscles.
- It gives flexibility to your hip joints.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Relieves anxiety, tension and stress.
Precaution for Fire Log Pose Yoga Asana –
Before you are going to start this yoga practise session then you have to follow some precaution to avoid any health problem. As per expert advice, you don’t need to do Agnistambhasana Yoga session in the below-given situation –
- Low back injury
- Hips surgery
- Knees surgery
So that’s all about Agnistambhasana (Fire Log Pose) Yoga Poses & Health Benefits. Keep in touch with us for more details about yoga poses.