Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga Poses - Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga helps to stretches and straightens the spine. This yoga pose also known by Downward Facing Dog Pose. With the help of Adho Mukha Svanasana, yoga poses you can stretch your central spine. This yoga comes into existence after observing the dog. Adho Mukha Svanasana yoga pose is very easy to use and you can do it any small place. First, you have to know what is the exact meaning of Adho Mukha Svanasana yoga Pose.
=> Adho - Down => Mukha - Face => Svana - Dog
Also, Check - Advasana (The Reverse Corpse Pose) Yoga | Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose) Yoga
So with the help of the above image, you can easily understand how can we do Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga in a small or plain surface.
Instruction for Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward Facing Dog Yoga Pose -
It is the most common and easy yoga position to straightens the spine. So here we discuss how can you do it home by following some easy steps -
- First, choose a plain surface and put your knees and palm on the Floor.
- Now set your knees directly below your hips and your hands slightly forward of your shoulders.
- Spread your palm and make sure your knees preferably behind the tailbone to get a good stretch in the final downward facing dog pose.
- Stretch your heels and the thigh muscles while straightening the legs.
- Make sure the heels are touching the floor while stretching your spine.
- Place your head between the inner-side of the upper arms and look down towards the floor. Breathe normally in this position and maintain the position for as long as you are comfortable.
- You may face some problem in the initial stage so don't worry.
- You will definitely be able to do it after few practice sessions.
Benefits of Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga Poses -
With the help of above information, you get to know how can we do Downward Facing Dog Yoga Pose in an easy an efficient way. Now first thing which comes in your mind what is the uses of this yoga exercise. So here are some major benefits which keep your body healthy and energetic -
- It reverses the flow of blood to the head and upper chest region.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- It gives a good stretch to the spine and the leg muscles.
- If you have upper and lower back pain then do it on regular basis.
- It can relieve anxiety and depression and heel your body.
- Relieves a headache, insomnia, back pain, fatigue and gives strength to your arms & shoulder.
Click Here - Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) Yoga | Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga
Tips for Beginner and Precaution -
Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga Poses is very easy to use but you may face some problem at an initial stage. So if you are a beginner and found difficulty in releasing and opening your shoulders then raise your hands off the floor on a pair of blocks or the seat of a metal folding chair. After some practise session, you will be able to do this yoga pose.
Precaution for Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga Excercise -
Ther is no major side effect but you have to avoid this yoga exercise in some situation -
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
So finally you get to know how to do Adho Mukha Svanasana Yoga exercise at home. Here we discussed all major benefits which help to relax your body. So keep in touch with us for more information about Yoga exercise. Here we will update best yoga position with example and picture.
These articles might be interesting for you as well: